Ministère de l’Education nationale et de la Formation professionnelle (MENFP) – Service de la formation des adultes (SFA)
Chantal FANDEL – pedagogue vice head of department, email@example.com
The department of adult learning of the Ministry for education and training has the following tasks at national level:
- provide formal education for adults to give them access to the diploma delivered by secondary education and vocational training
- assure the basic education of adults (literacy and numeracy)
- assure an extended and high quality offer of non-formal education for adults
- provide general non-formal education to adults
- support communities and NGO which provide general non-formal education to adults (quality label and financial support)
- organise the information and the guidance of adult learners
- International cooperation with adult education bodies.
During school year 2010/11, 15 496 adult learners registered in the above mentioned activities of the department (522 in formal education and 14 974 in basic and non-formal general adult education.). Most of the learners in no-formal adult education attended language courses (65%) followed by ITC (16 %).
The department is represented at European level in committees and groups concerning adult learning.
In 2011 the Department together with the national agency for LLP and the University of Luxembourg organised an international conference on basic skills which was also supported by ESBN.